Thursday, January 7, 2010

Does anybody re-use a towel after a shower?. My husband puts towels to wash immediately. I do so much laundry!

It seems that after you took a shower, you are clean and when you dry off, your towel is pretty clean too. We used to have to make do with a towel a week but it seems like all I do is wash towels and waste water and time. Is this really necessary. I don't want to be dirty but it all seems a bit much!Does anybody re-use a towel after a shower?. My husband puts towels to wash immediately. I do so much laundry!
I am with you, it isn't necessary! Not only are you doing way too much laundry and its too much work, it costs a lot of money for all that extra water and electricity, not to mention the cost of laundry detergent.





I actually use two towels, one for my face and long hair, and one for my body, and I only wash them once a week. More often is not necessary, I am only drying my clean body with them.Does anybody re-use a towel after a shower?. My husband puts towels to wash immediately. I do so much laundry!
That is silly. He does not need the towel washed every day. Every three days would be o.k. Is he obsessive compulsive?
If everyone has their own towel changing them every third day is plenty, More often is a waste of time, utilities, and laundry soap. It also wears the towels out sooner
dry his towel after he takes a shower, let it dry over the heater and foled it again so he won't see if it bothers him, i mean com on now, you are so right about using it more than just ones


you can also just air it outside when the weather permits it





goodluck
Because yesterday's butt drier should not be today's face drier. Get smaller towels. There are a lot of gross people out there. And they all seem to be answering this question.
Everyone has their own towel that gets washed once a week along with bed linens.





He doesn't make you wash the sheets every day does he? And those are most likely dirtier than the towel...





The only towel/washrag/sponge that gets washed after one day's use is what's used in my kitchen.
yeah, my husband did this too when we first got married. i went on a towel strike. i had 4 towels that i used, reused then washed and let him use all the rest. once he wiped out all the towels from all the bathrooms he started washing his own. he maintained he didn't mind washing his own towels once a week and did so for about 2 months. then he started slacking off doing it less and less often. eventually, he broke down and now uses one towel two or three times before he throws it in the dirty clothes.
I have two teen-age granddaughters who are driving their dad (a single parent) crazy with all the laundry. They throw a towel on the floor after one use. You have dried a clean body. Use the towel at least a week.
we use ours 3 days. we hang them to dry after use.





tell him to use one end to dry his face so that each time he is using the same end.
We normally wash our towels once a week. They are the one thing in the house that should never really get dirty, they just start smelling some after a while. My wife found out this week in a hint book that if you add a little baking soda in the rinse water with towels and rags that they will smell better too. I plan on trying it next time we wash them.
What my family does is we hang back up our towels after using them. We have three towel on a rack and what we do is when you get out of the shower you use the towel on the very end and then put it on the floor for the next person to step on and so on, so you can use it twice before washing it.
I shower twice a day once in the morning when I wake up and once before I go to bed. My towel naturally dries on the towel rack. I only wash it when I do my laundry which is twice a week. There is no need to wash it after each use, unless you are not bathing properly.
By the time a person gets out of the shower; they should be clean from Head to Toe! (Butt and all)





If the person is truly clean, a towel could be used again as long as it is dried within 24 hours. If a wet towel does not dry within 24 hours, bacteria will start to grow and create mold.
I use mine for a few days. I let it hang after using it and it is dry when I need it again.
I re-use mine until they start to stink. At least a week.
I wash my towel once or twice a week I agree with you I do not think you need to wash your towel everyday unless something stains it. You are just drying off. Everyone has odd habits you are lucky that this is the type of complaint you have
Sounds like maybe he should be the one washing all those towels! Perhaps if he sees how much of a pain it is, and how OCD it is he'll be open to reusing the towels. Personally, I use mine 3 or 4 times and I'm a bit of a ';clean freak.'; =)
We use our towels a couple of times after showering,as you say your clean when you get out,so no need to have a clean towel every time,why dont you leave the towels in the laundry box and wait to see what he says when theres none left in the airing cuboard!! or show him how to use the washing machine.
It is a bit much, The towel is clean it is just wet. I'll use the same towel for a week or so, but not much longer than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment