Thursday, January 7, 2010

What is the best laundry soap? And how do I wash clothes?

Ok, I know how to wash clothes but... here's the thing. I just got a new wardrobe and I would love my clothes to stay as new for as long as possible.





Usually I throw some free %26amp; clear detergent in the wash machine let it fill up and throw my clothes in, but it seems like their colors fade so fast it's depressing.What is the best laundry soap? And how do I wash clothes?
I have heard that it helps to wash and dry dark clothes inside out.





I wouldn't know, because clothes lead a tough life around our house.What is the best laundry soap? And how do I wash clothes?
raisin, the best laundry soap for longevity of clothing is 7th Generation.


As an alternative you can make your own:





Here is the recipe that I use:


-3 bars Fels Naptha Laundry Soap (or you can use Zote)


-2 C. Baking Soda


-2 C. Borax


-2 C.Washing Soda





Finely Grate the soap I used a hand grater at first then I started using my food processor. Mix all of the ingredients well in a big container...you can reuse your empty store bought detergent container if you choose.





I use 1/4 C. to a 1/2 C. per load depending on the size and how dirty the clothes are. Some people say you can use 2-4 Tbs. but I don't know if it was because I had hard water but it just didn't get my clothes clean.





You can also add oxiclean to your whites anywhere from 1/4 C. to 1/2 C. (not on silk or wool though) and use Between 1/4 C. to 1 C. Vinegar to rinse depending on the size of the load. The vinegar is a natural fabric softener and also gets off any residue that may be left behind from the soap. And NO your clothes won鈥檛 smell like vinegar. If you are really worried you can still use your regular fabric softener just use half of what you would normally use.
I prefer to use ERA laundry soap to get the tough stains out, but I also pretreat with Spray N wash or Shout, and add oxiclean(generic) , and bleach for colored clothes at the beginning of the wash cycle, and either ammonia or vinegar during the rinse cycle, ammonia makes your whites, white.....I wash in warm water always. and don't use the dryer, air dry if at all possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment