Thursday, January 7, 2010

Is it safe to wash khaki pants in the same laundry load as a black shirt?

Just not sure about this. Since I'm not sure of khakis fall in the ';whites'; or ';colours'; department.Is it safe to wash khaki pants in the same laundry load as a black shirt?
I would say noIs it safe to wash khaki pants in the same laundry load as a black shirt?
It depends if you have washed the black shirt before and what type of material it is. Sometimes black might run, other times it might just leave lots of fuzz or something on your pants.





If I have washed clothes before I will put them together if not I usually seperate them the first time.





It also depends if the khaki pants are light or dark....light colored khaki's I do with white, if it is a dark khaki it would be color.





As the previous answerer said, cold water is your best bet in this case...
i wash all my clothes together without separating. it won't hurt your pants.
better mix your khakis with the colored load. dont mix it with black. if the color black bleeds, your khaki will be destroyed!
I am very careful with black clothes. But, generally speaking a cold load is usually safe. Always use a cold setting if you are concerned with bleeding of colors.





Black and red are the only colors that ever give me trouble.





I would wash a black shirt with a pair of khakis as long as the khakis are not too light (as in almost white tan instead of true khaki).

No comments:

Post a Comment