Thursday, January 7, 2010

Should I wash my infants laundry in a separate load than mine ?

My baby is almost 7 weeks oldShould I wash my infants laundry in a separate load than mine ?
I should think its a good idea. Normal laundry detergent may be too harsh for your baby's delicate skin. Moreover, we are exposed to a wide range of bacteria that baby may not have immunity to. Get an anti-bacterial baby laundry detergent specific for your baby.Should I wash my infants laundry in a separate load than mine ?
I don't think it is really a necessity. I don't think there is really anything in your laundry that could harm the baby. I always liked doing my children's clothes separately just for the convienence of having them all done at once.





I did use the milder baby detergents for a while though just to avoid the baby having a skin reaction to the harsher detergents.
Old folk tales says that we should wash infants clothes separate with adult clothes due to germs BUT seriously i don't see the need to do so as detergent is strong enough to do the cleaning. Unless your infant has sensitive skin which our adult detergent is too strong for their skin so you will need to wash it with baby detergent.
There's probably no need to, unless you know for sure your baby has sensitive skin and needs his/her clothes washed with special detergent (in reality, few babies need their clothes handled so carefully). You can wash everything together, and if you're concerned, just use a dye-free, fragrance-free detergent. We use Purex's version...it's cheap and gets the job done just fine.





I admit that a lot of the time I do wash my daughter's clothes separately from everyone else's....but it is for organizational purposes only. It is easier to sort through her things when they aren't mixed with our clothes. Good luck!
For the most part, I do my daughter's (she's two weeks) laundry separately with a mild detergent. Sometimes I will put a couple of her clothes in with mine if there's not a lot to wash or I just had to change her. My sister always washed my nephew's clothes with hers and it didn't make a difference. I guess it just depends on your baby's skin.
It works if you use the same detergent for your family as you do for your baby. I did this because I didn't like the idea of wasting water, electricity, and detergent. I use Purex Free %26amp; Clear for the whole family and Purex's hypoallergenic liquid fabric softener on everything that isn't fire retardant.
My son is 4 weeks old and ever since he was born Ive washed his stuff separtly then ours. I was always afraid our clothes would bleed and ruin his little stuff. Cuase my sis always washed my neices clothes with hers and my neices pink stuff turned a dull pinkish blue color. Not cute.
I wash mine separately with the Target brand baby soap, that way it won't irritate her skin, and then all her clothes are together and I don't lose itty bitty socks in my clothes. it works.
Dear M,





You have gotten some good advice about using a special type of laundry detergent. Another thought is to wash 1 -2 items of your baby's with yours and see if she/he has any sensitivity to them when they wear them.



If the baby does not have a reaction to adult detergents wash the clothes together. If he is sensitive to the detergent then get a baby detergent.
i used to wash my daughter's clothes separately because i was using different detergent. i didn't want to irritate her delicate skin.
I have always washed my kids clothes together with mine. They sell that baby detergent and I think it's just a money maker cuz I've never had a problem with regular cheap detergent
We wash our baby's clothes separately, but we don't use a different detergent than ours.
I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment