Sunday, December 20, 2009

Can I use laundry detergent to wash dishes?

Is there anything in or about liquid laundry detergent that would make it dangerous to use on dishes washed by hand? I am asking because you can get a huge bottle of liquid laundry detergent for a couple of bucks whereas a smallish bottle of dish detergent can run almost as much.....





So if there are no safety/health issues I might try it....








Thanks,


AlleyCan I use laundry detergent to wash dishes?
I have had to use laundry detergent when I ran out of regular dish washing soap. I really would not use it all the time. I know it seems cheaper, but I don't feel like it gets it as clean. It also could leave a soap build up and you would not want that taste in your food. If your trying to cut cost dilute your dish washing soap. And use bleach in your water to make sure your dishes are sterile.Can I use laundry detergent to wash dishes?
Not a good idea. The laundry detergent is very slippery on your hands.





Go to the nearest dollar store and get some dishwashing detergent.
as a child i would go to my uncles houese and it was always nasty and he never had clean diahes nor dish liquid and i would use laundry detergent to do his dishes and it never made us sick.buy it wish bleach aternative in it..
don't try washing the dishes with laundry detergent, if u don't have any dish soap, or are too cheap to buy some, try liquid hand soap, i've used that before.
Yes, there is a difference. the viscosity and cleaning agents will differ mostly. contact your local supermarket or search google.
I used laundry soap in my dishwasher, and that was not a bright idea. My reasoning was that laundry soap isn't as sudsy as say Dawn. I have used Dawn in the past and if you get just a drop too much, BUBBLES everywhere. So I thought laundry soap would work. NOT! I had BUBBLES everywhere again, and the only way to tame them down and get rid of them is to put in ...none other than....liquid fabric softener. So for a few days my dishwasher smelled like laundry, but at least the dishes were clean. So doing it by hand, I see no harm in. Hey if it saves a few bucks, I would say go ahead and do it, but maybe just put in a little bleach so that you have killed the bacteria, since most dish soaps nowadays are antibacterial
yes you can, rinse very well. you can find dish liquid cheap, go to the dollar store or big lots
I would not risk that if I were you. Why play with your health over a few measly dollars. You can wash clothes with dish liquid, but you cannot wash dishes with laundry detergent. If penny pinching is that urgent to you, why don't you Buy a large bottle of dish detergent and wash your dishes and clothes with that. Do the right thing...healthwise!
You can use liquid laundry detergent on dishes- but it would make your dishes slippery, and you would need to wear gloves because the stuff is caustic. And you would have to rinse extra well.
It leaves a residue %26amp; taste funny with you gravy, coffee %26amp; tea
soap is soap
Using laundry soap to wash by hand may not be as bad, but using laundry soap in a dish washer can be extremly tricky. If you use too much, the suds come out of the dishwasher even though the door is locked shut. I've tried this, it was bad, suds all over the place. I used shampoo, and used 1/3 to 1/2 as much as the little container would hold and that was too much. I've never used it again.
Not a saftey issue but Dish soap has more Grease busting ability. Stick with Joy.
Gosh, I don't think so. Have often wondered this myself but I really don't think so. Don't know why but just don't. I think laundry detergents are specially formulated for fabric.....Have used dish detergent for laundry but never tried the opposite. Try it and make sure you rinse well. Hells bells, never know.
no they meant will not clean and still dirty use the stuff like hand wash soap it is for everytihng
You will find dishes more slippery but clean rinse well in hot water
Sure, go ahead. . Don't suggest using fabric softner, tho.


We went to the cabin once(26 miles from civilization) and forgot dish soap and used Tide liquid. It's more highly concentrated but it cleaned those dishes and added a nice feeling to your hands. It had NO problem cutting right thru the grease. Rinse well!
  • horses for loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment