Thursday, December 24, 2009

When is the best time to add laundry soap to the wash?

Does it matter when the soap is added to the wash? I usually turn the water on, put in the soap, and then the clothes.


Someone told me that you should always put the soap on top of the clothes. Does it really make a difference?


Thanks!When is the best time to add laundry soap to the wash?
If you use a top loader, I would put in the soap/bleach, then let it fill with water about half way before adding the clothes. If using a front loader, then put in the clothes, shut door, start machine and add soap when the indicator light is on. If no indicator light, listen for the water in the soap dispenser part of the washer. when the water is running through there, add the soap. I add bleach on the first rinse, fabric softener on the second rinse and white vinegar to the third rinse.When is the best time to add laundry soap to the wash?
Continue doing your wash the way you are doing. I also do it that way. Everyone I know does it the same way.
I start the washer and add the detergent first, after it starts agitating, I add the clothes.
I get great results when I put in the clothes, turn on the washer, and let it agitate for a minute. Then I add the soap. your way sounds pretty good though!
Good question. I have always washed backwards, soap last, before the water fills the bin, slam the door shut and presto!......the machine makes all the mistakes.





After reading all ya'lls answers,,,,,,,I am going to start washing my clothes like yall do.





Texas Love.
the right way is put the clothes in when the water is full add the soap and mix with your hands till soap is dispenced through clothes than let it run, got this from a friend who repairs
my washer has a special place to put either liquid or powder detergent, I think that it means that it is better to add it later, but before I got it, I always put it in at the begining, who has time to wait? Either way, it gets the clothes clean.
you put the soap in first...your right!
Yes it makes a difference! You're doing it right. Putting the soap on top of the clothes can actually stain the clothes with the soap. Continue your way!
Soap should always be on bottom unless dispensed by machine automatically in the wash. that will stop any garment reaction or staining that may occur while soap is sitting on top of clothes waiting for water to disperse it.
My system is:


--chemicals go into the water (detergent, bleach, booster, etc.) Mix by letting the machine agitate for a few moments.





--clothes go into the water/chemicals mixture.
The best time to do so is when the water is being filled and before the clothes go in. Then swish the water around a bit to help the particles dissolve completely. That way you won't have undissolved soap particles in your finished laundry only to end up having to re-wash it again.
best way to do it is the way you are
you sjhould do it they way you are doing it now. if you put the soap on top of your clothes it doesnt distribute properly in the water, as it soakes into the clothes and takes longer to come out and get into the water. you should only put it directly on clothes if you have a stain you are working on

No comments:

Post a Comment