Sunday, December 20, 2009

Laundry detergent wash the floor?

does laundry detergent disinfect/clean surfaces such as a floor?Laundry detergent wash the floor?
It will clean the floor but that's probably more trouble than it's worth, because it produces so many suds and may leave the surface sticky.Laundry detergent wash the floor?
I don't know whether it disinfects. I suppose if you use the Tide with Bleach it will disinfect. :)





My mom use to use this to wash the floor, only problem is it also stripped the wax or whatever shine product you have on the floor. And she didn't use the liquid type. There was no liquid laundry detergent in those days, and if there was, it was a novelty item.





It cleans well, but I don't know if it disinfects. I'm assuming it does, if it kills the germs in your laundry, why not your floor? Actually you gave me a good idea, cause I've been wondering what I can put in my floor cleaning machine that is a little more effective than plain ammonia.





Oh! Don't use it on wooden floors! No No No! :)
Laundry detergent can be used to clean a floor but not recommended. You will have to rinse it really well or it will leave a dull residue on the floor. The only way that laundry detergent can disinfect surfaces is if it has bleach in it. (Liquid Tide with bleach for example) If it doesn't (have bleach/disinfecting agent in it) then I really do not think that it will disinfect.
I've never used laundry detergent when washing my floors because I felt that it may take a long time to get it thoroughly rinsed. If it's not rinsed well, the floors would be tacky %26amp; attract dirt. I like to use a cleaner that has ammonia in it, such as Mr. Clean or Top Job. The ammonia will cut through the grease %26amp; grime %26amp; rinsing is a breeze. Another good cleaner is Murphy's Oil Soap. It can be used on wood, tile, etc. It's got a vegetable base %26amp; smells really nice too.
Yes, of course it does. It removed oi, dirt and anything else. I use it often when I'm out of my floor cleaner and it works fine.





Make sure you put it in so much lesser amount, or just dilute it. But if you have wooden floor, it's better to use to one that's designed for it, because you dont want it to lose the shine.





Good luck!
Why just make homemade laundry detergent





1 cup of arm %26amp; hammer super washing soda


1/2 cup of borax


add any stain remover - such as 1/4 tbsp of liquid





Use a large pan to boil on high heat for about 15 minutes








I believe this bet for allergics
I've used it before to wash a tiled floor, but you only need a dessertspoonful to a full bucket of water - any more and it will need a LOT of rinsing.
yes, you can BUT you have to rinse it or it will leave a residue, it is a soap. any soap has to be rinsed. use gallon water %26amp;1 cup vinegar. best for any floor, even wood.
That would be a no. Only ever use the appropriate cleaners for the surfaces you are cleaning. Laundry detergent is not for floors. Read your labels.
Don't use LD for the floor. It will leave a residual haze.
I doubt it. Laundry detergent was made for ';LAUNDRY';.


Read the label
Ummm no

No comments:

Post a Comment