Thursday, December 24, 2009

What laundry detergent/fabric softener and wash/rinse temp do you use?

I use All Free Clear liquid detergent and Snuggle Blue Sparkle Cuddle Up Fresh dryer sheets and Warm Wash/Cold Rinse.What laundry detergent/fabric softener and wash/rinse temp do you use?
Ariel =)What laundry detergent/fabric softener and wash/rinse temp do you use?
I use warm water wash for everything; Era detergent; cold water rinse;


Snuggle Green Burst fabric softner; and hot dryer .
Tide with color bleach or bleach alternative. I wash everything in cold because I'm cheap except for whites and underwear, I wash hot/cold rinse.
detergent I use is whatever is cheapest. to me it all does the same thing.





Temp it depends on what the clothing says to use.
Since I have a high efficiency washer, I use the cheapest HE detergent I can find.


I use Snuggle dryer sheets.


If I hang the laundry out to dry I use a Snuggle liquid fabric softener.


Don't care what the perfuminess smells like because it all dissappears anyway and I can never smell it in my laundry.


I wash and rinse most stuff on cold. Though I do towels and my husbands greasy work clothes on hot wash.


I dry most laundry on the lowest warm setting except the towels and work clothes and they are on hot.


Unless of course I hang them outside on the clothesline to dry, which is not the towels.





Every detergent I have used (and I have used them all) does the same washing effect, and I have used regular detergent before I got the HE.


Some of them do have a stronger scent though and I don't really like that.





Then when I used to do my mothers laundry and she had wetted her pants a lot, I just used the cheapest detergent and a cup of ODO BAN in there to kill the smells. That worked great.
I use Ariel Sensations,and Aloe Vera, fabric conditioner. , I use all different cycles for washing. Cold wash , easy ironing. Mixed materials 40潞c - 60潞c wash, I have a AEG washing machine %26amp; it has many different programs to use , just depends on the material I am washing. Best one I have ever had, so far.
I prefer Tide detergent, any fragrance of Downy or Snuggle, and I wash in the temp that the tag in my clothes say to wash in and I rinse in cold because that is the only temp my washer rinses in.
I like All Free and Clear.. I have kids so it helps them not breakout.. I'm allergic to tide and it's expensive... I like Era/Wisk and All... We buy them from Bj's wholesale 300 oz. for under $10 it usually lasts acouple months.. I also like to add Baking Soda to the wash water, it helps get stains out of the children's clothing and it gets the grease out of my husband's work clothes.. A 12lb. container costs under $5... I also use it on the carpets, furniture etc...good luck
I use liquid laundry detergent and dryer sheets.


Fragrance free on both, whatever brand is cheapest. I use hot water for linens, socks, and underwear. And cold water for clothes.
Not all detergents are created equal. Tide is better than all others according to the test reports I've seen. All is in the middle of the pack. A cheaper detergent that does real well is Great Value (Wal Mart) Ultra Glacier Breeze.





Fabric softeners are best left for use in the dryer. The chemical properties of liquid softener 'gum' up the insides of washers over time. However if you must use a softener in the washer do so sparingly (I see it appears you use the dryer softener sheets).





As for wash and rinse temp, wash according to the particular fabrics care instructions. Most items can be done in cold wash and cold rinse.

No comments:

Post a Comment