Thursday, December 24, 2009

What colors can i wash together, in a regular laundry load ?

can i wash like, blues, yellow %26amp; greens together?What colors can i wash together, in a regular laundry load ?
usually it's best to separate ur colors into three categories. whites, medium colors and darks...What colors can i wash together, in a regular laundry load ?
sure you can.
If they are dark shades of the color if any of them are pastel shades...I would put them in with the whites.
You can wash any colors you want together, the problem is that some of them will bleed together. That's why you generally wash the bright colors with the dark colors, and the lights with other lights.





I split mine into 3 or 4 categories:





I usually wash the ';average'; colored clothes together, and put in towels to fill up the rest of the load. By average, I mean old blue jeans, khakis, and calmer colored t-shirts. The towels help soak up any extra dye that might still be coming out of them.





Since I almost always use bleach on my whites, I wash them by themselves. This way I don't wind up with really faded or spotted black pants :)





I usually wash the dark ones last, just in case they left some residual dye in the machine. I categorize the darks as anything darker or brighter than jeans. Black slacks, red t-shirts, etc. Sometimes I throw old towels in here, because I don't care that much if they get darker (and most of mine are forest green anyway). Depending on how dark they are, sometimes I wash green things in here too, just because I don't want my green shirts to bleed onto my jeans.





My last load is the rest of the towels, and my boyfriends greasy work clothes. He works in an oil change place, so they get grimy and leave oil spots on regular clothes, but you can't see them on the towels.
I'm a super dad and I wash everything together. The wife only berates me if something goes amiss.
Just keep your light colors separated from you dark colors and you whites separated from any colors.





Bert
I would recomend if you have something new that hase not been washed yet. wash it seperate as colors can bleed.otherwise go ahead mixed colors in cold/cold wash temp no problem.
I would do red or bright colors seperatly especially if they are new. Hope that helps you!
yes you can wash them together just make sure you use cold water this will prevent your cloths from bleeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment