Sunday, December 20, 2009

How much would you pay someone to wash your laundry ?

I want to start a laundry service at my house. The customer would drop off their laundry and pick it up when it is ready. I would want to charge per load. It would include washing, drying and folding. I would also iron dress shirts and dress pants at per item. How much should I charge for this service? thanksHow much would you pay someone to wash your laundry ?
Per load, given the time, energy, detergent and water involved with doing it yourself at home, or the money needed to do it at a coin laundry, I would probably pay $10 to $15 per load. On a per item basis for shirts and pants, $1.50.





A pretty good idea. If it goes well, you could certainly double up or triple your capacity by adding more washers and dryers... not that expensive these days. Be careful too though, as you could eat into your profits quite a bit if you start f-ing up people's clothes (shrinking, bleaching, etc.).How much would you pay someone to wash your laundry ?
I am a pretty thrifty person, but if I had the money to spend I would say I would pay up to $5 a load.
Hi, I live in NJ ( a more expensive place to live) I don't know where you are located, but when I took my laundry to a wash, dry, fold service they charged $.95/lb.....I paid $60 for about 3-4 loads last time...hope this helps:)
I'm a high school student who has been doing her own laundry for about 6 years. I hate it, but I don't have a lot of money to pay someone else to do it. I would probably pay 5 dollars per load (I generate 2-3 loads per week for my large washer %26amp; dryer) but if your customers are people with strong careers who cannot afford maids, but want their laundry done, they might be willing to pay closer to 10 dollars per load. I would include the ironing fee in your charge because people want to know the total cost upfront...even if its more expensive, they dont like extra costs being added.


good luck!
Do a little research. Check to see what local laundramat's and cleaners charge and set your prices accordingly.





If you are going to post a flyer, maybe offer a discount for the first load. Then maybe offer referral bonuses or repeat customer pricing.





Good luck!
There are several ways you can charge for this service.





by the pound .





by each garment.





you can make a list for separate articles of clothing





Such as:





shirt $1.50


blouse $2-00


blanket $ 3.00
You could charge per pound on the clothes and a few bucks per item, with multiple item discount on the ones you are ironing

No comments:

Post a Comment