Thursday, December 24, 2009

How do you sort, wash, fold laundry?

don't tell me how to use the machine, i know that; i mean, do you sort it all week and do it on saturday...or do you do a load each day...do you have separate baskets/hampers, etc.? I have 2 kids, a husb %26amp; me and it's always catching up wit me!!!!How do you sort, wash, fold laundry?
I gather all my clothes on Friday or Saturday and sort, the Reds,purples, pinks together in one pile then jeans, then whites. Towels one load, sheets,then and blankets. I wash whites last because it is bleached and then I run a rinse afterwards so nothing gets bleach on it next round.


Reds in cold water, blues jeans in warm, towels and whites in HOT water.


As far as folding ...I fold it as I get it out of the dryer.


Oh yeah I love GAIN it takes out bad smells real good.How do you sort, wash, fold laundry?
um ususally i wait until wednesday and sort and put a few loads through then the next day when you put a load in go and gather clothes from all of the kids' and your hamper that would go into that load. that way you've always got clothes... usually if you are short on jeans, or whites or whatever... someone else is. and i sort it into piles or hampers or whatever works for you.
It depends on the amount of soiled clothes as to how often you wash. When you think you have enough to make up a load then it's time to wash. Personally I do coloureds and whites separately. I have large basket for coloureds and a small one for whites. I have a large messy family, so I wash coloureds several times a week and whites about twice a week. With the whites I always add some napisan oxaction max, as well as detergent which helps get rid of stains and keep the soles of white socks white. I've found it's best not to buy the cheaper brands of detergent as they don't do the job properly. When I collect my washing from the line, I don't fold it as I retrieve it, but some ppl do. I just grab it and take it in, then sort out all the ironing items, which I iron to the beat of my favourite music, so I actually enjoy the task - (not so good for all in the family that don't like my voice mind you :p) Then I sort through the remainder.. put socks together if the sock monster hasn't pinched any in the wash, and fold undies in half. All clothes I fold, I do in a way that they are least likely to get wrinkled again and I always make sure they are not inside out, even socks.. I hang up dress pants and dress shirts/smart casual shirts. Fold jeans and t shirts. I iron t shirts but not normally jeans. I iron pillow cases but not sheets.. but basicly suit yourself, there's no hard and fast rules.. Just do what works and you are comfortable with. ;)
One thing that helps me is a sorting bin, a folding metal frame with three cloth bags hanging from it (got it from Target). Get the hubby %26amp; kiddos to put their dirty clothes in every day - I sort white, dark %26amp; red or jeans - and then run a load when the bag is full enough. I take the clothes out when the dryer is done %26amp; before they get wrinkled. Hang the shirts, toss the underwear %26amp; socks into a basket for the kids to help sort out %26amp; put away. Sheets %26amp; towels are separate, and it doesn't matter so much when you take them out of the dryer. I don't buy ANYTHING that needs to be ironed every time it's washed!
Sort:


Cold Water


Light Colors-Dark Colors-Jeans-Towels


(Turn clothes inside out to reduce fading)


Hot Water


Whites(Use soap and bleach, leave the lid open so when they finish the first cycle they can soak for awhile. Close lid to finish)


Use a good brand of soap, and bleach.
i do 1 load every day , no sorting , whatever is dirty gets washed
I agree with sorting as you go. It does accumulate quickly.I taught my kids to do their own laundry at age 9. I did it three times a week, but kept my weekends free. My husband did it one day and I did it the other day when the kids were little. We alternated turns so that it was not all on one person. Sometimes we all did it. It's fun together.Men can't learn, but hey they can be trained! Just kidding. Good luck.
I do all 3.
i do it all on sunday, washing, drying, sorting, and folding in a couple of hours.
  • horses for loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment