Sunday, December 20, 2009

What can I wash my laundry in to give it a consistent stain, in effect covering up the other ones?

I have a couple of stains in laundry that just won't come out. What I'd like to do instead, is simply stain all of that clothing evenly so it's the same color. I have no idea what I stained it with before though. What I'm looking for is something I can add to my wash that will basically darken all clothes to match the stain so it doesn't stand out.What can I wash my laundry in to give it a consistent stain, in effect covering up the other ones?
There are several fabric dyes that you run through your washing machine. Rit brand is one.





However, I'd be concerned that in the process, you'd also make the stain darker - and end up right back where you started. I'd test it on an older garment first.What can I wash my laundry in to give it a consistent stain, in effect covering up the other ones?
Oh that's rich!
Tea works well - I have turned an expensive Italian lace tablecloth from white to ecru quite successfully.


You can make your tea as weak or as strong as you like.
fabric dyes. (Comes in all sorts of different colors)
i've done it with coffee. grape juice works too, but do you want to look like barney?
You could go to the fabric or craft store and buy some Rit Dye. Rit Dye comes in all sorts of colors so I'm sure you'll find one that's right. It's simple stuff, put the color tabs in water and soak the clothes. Hope I've helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment