Thursday, December 24, 2009

Which laundry load do you wash your socks in?

Do you throw them in with your other clothes or do you wash them separately?Which laundry load do you wash your socks in?
My hubby wears dark socks to work and white ones at home. The white ones go in the bleach load because he is always working on some project where they get just filthy. His dress socks range in color from beige to bugandy to black to blue and all have some type of wild design on them. I wash them along with the bedding %26amp; linens that coordinate with the sock colors. I dry them all together though on the knit cycle. I don't like to wash them with the ';heavies'; like jeans because many have a synthetic component and they will tend to pill over time when grinding against stiffer, heavier fabrics like jeans. They do just fine in sheet loads, sweatshirt loads, t-shirt loads, etc. without damaging the fibers. If you are at all concerned about the thought of transferring foot odor to other clothes, add a 2/3 cup of Borax to the load as it eliminates all kinds of odors from your foot to your armpit perspiration!Which laundry load do you wash your socks in?
white socks go in the bleach white load


dark socks go in with the dark clothes.
whites with bleach so i can keep them white.
Well all of my socks are white so I usually put them in the white load. If I'm in a rush than I'll just throw them with any load.
I wash the light and white socks with the rest of the underwear and I wash the dark socks with jeans or other dark clothes.
they get washed with the whites...
Yeah i just throw everything in together, except for whites.. I use extra laundry detergent always so what is the difference? They are getting cleaned!
I unerstood your Q wash them with dark colors or similar colors to the clothes you are washing
Kind of depends on your socks -- most of mine are white cotton tube socks, so they go in with the whites. If you wear other colors, they should probably go in with matching colors. Thin socks should go into a delicate load, as well as those with some synthetic fibers (nylons, for example, don't do so well when you stick them in a load with your denim jeans). Unless I get lazy and don't do laundry for a few weeks, I usually don't have a full load of just socks and underwear, so I almost always have to combine them with other clothes.
colored socks should get washed with Jeans because sometimes we walk on the dirty floor and all the dirty stuff gets stuck to other clothes such as shirts and sheets. Never wash them with interior clothing. ( panties, thongs,bra)

No comments:

Post a Comment