Sunday, December 20, 2009

Which tempature water is best to wash laundry in?

I dont seperate my clothes, I wash, lights, darks, towels all together, which tempature is best, hot, warm, or cold?Which tempature water is best to wash laundry in?
You should seperate your clothes. Whites should be washed in hot water. Lights and Darks can be washed in cold to keep the colors bright and to prevent colors from bleeding. You can wash them in warm if you are sure there is nothing in that load that could bleed. I wash towels and bedding in hot water to kill the dust mites. Washing lights, darks and towels together can cause your clothes to look dingy and worn out over time instead of bright and looking good. I hope this helps you!Which tempature water is best to wash laundry in?
The best for what? The hotter the water, the cleaner they get, but the more likely stuff is to shrink or get damaged. The reverse is true of cold water. There isn't a catch all. Some stuff can get ruined doing it in even warm water. But doing everything on cold results in not as clean clothes.





Generally, I'd suggest warm or cold water. I never use hot unless I'm doing all white socks and t-shirts (with bleach), or towels. Everything else gets warm or cold.
get cold water wash detergent and use cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment